Friday, April 12, 2013

Chapter 3: The Past and Present

Hyron was rushed to Lynlan's den.
"Oh, my! What happened to him...?" she asked nervously.
Dimitri, the only coyote in the pack accompanied him. "He was attacked by Typhoon pack. We were on training, and then some spies shot out at him. Luckily he made it alive." Dimitri replied.
"Thank you, I need him to rest a bit."
Lynlan padded over to Hyron and rubbed the dew from a red, awkward looking shaped bud on his wounds. Then she covered it with a fresh green leaf.
"Rest now, Hyron," she softly said.
Lynlan nodded at Dimitri to leave. Hyron stared deeply into Lynlan's eyes. "T-there's s-something I- agh..." he hesitated before he could finish.
"Rest first, young isha. There is much you might want to tell me, but how may you tell me if you do not rest and heal?"
Lynlan was almost always right. Hyron grunted, but he couldn't argue with the healer. He softly closed his eyes and fell asleep. A few hours later, Hyron awoke from his slumber. His eyes snapped open. He remembered what he needed to tell Lynlan.
"Lynlan! I need you to listen now, I feel better." he sat up.
Lynlan had her ears wide and open to listen to anything he had to say.
"Lynlan, I think I just saw Cailean's father... He had the same eyes, the same coat color, but a bit different pattern as Dakota. And to top it all off, he was the one who attacked me! Could Cailean be a spy? Or is it she doesn't know her father is in the Typhoon pack?"
Lynlan stared at Hyron blankly. She didn't know how to respond to such a statement.
"I-I don't think I can help.. You may go on and ask Taroshi to sort a meeting with Auorua. She is the alpha after all. There could be a way she could help."
Hyron nodded and padded out of the den. Then, something shot at his head like lightning. First he had to go see Ikan. He dashed into the mother's den.
"Ikan...?"
But, no reply. He padded deeper into the mother's den. There sat Ikan, quietly whimpering, blaming himself for not being able to do something. Hyron licked the back of Ikan's scruff. Ikan turned around still quite sad as he stared at Hyron's permanent scar on his eye.
"I'm sorry father..." Said the he-pup as stared at Hyron with watery eyes.
"Ikan, look, it's not your fault. I'm okay now, I came to see you. You think you need some alone time?"
Ikan nodded.
"Okay then," Hyron said as he padded out of the Mother's den.
 Now he was off to Auorua's den. Where she shared the den with her mate, Taroshi.

Author's note: Well, done with chapter three. Phew. Too much dialog? Sorry, we're getting to the fighting parts verrryyy soon. Yes, I know, Dimitri is a coyote. Whiners: "But why caant I have a coyoteee?" You wanna know why? Cause I said so. I just allowed Ming because, you know we're good friends. SO PROUD OF RIGHTING A LOT ;U; We wuff me. Cliffhangers much? Ya I guess. Cailean belongs to Greenleafs. Dimitri belongs to Ming132, the rest belong to me.

8 comments: